Today, the third Monday in January, is often known as ‘Blue Monday’ – a day likely to have the challenging combination of wintry weather, a dark morning and night and credit card bills arriving after Christmas.
Good mental health is so important all year round. If you’re struggling make today the day you ask for help.
Where can you get support locally?
- Healthy Minds offer a range of services to help you find what works for you to improve and maintain your emotional health and wellbeing. They can help whether or not you have a mental health diagnosis, or have been involved with other mental health services
- Andy’s Man Club offer talking groups for men every Monday at 7pm in Hebden Bridge and Halifax. There no referral, no waiting lists… you just turn up and have a brew and a listen and if you want to talk to you!
- The Samaritans offer a free, confidential service, 24 hours a day, on 116 123.
- If you’re worried about money, Calderdale Credit Union helps people manage their finances, and the charity Step Change gives free debt advice.
- Staying Well – our team can work with any adult in Calderdale from 18 years and over to access social activities and health and wellbeing services in the community. Call us on 01422 392767
- Family Support Teams – Being a parent isn’t always easy. Sure Start Children’s Centres offer practical friendly advice and support to help you manage through those difficult times of family life. Lower Valley 01422 262 181. Central Halifax 01422 342 552. Upper Valley 01706 399 980. North and East Halifax 01422 251090.
Keep talking to each other – it helps and it can offer a way out of challenging times for all of us.