” “We are living through extraordinary times” an understatement but crikey, it brings out the best in so many of us.”Alison Haskins, Halifax Opportunities Trust CEO.
Due to overwhelming offers of help across Calderdale there is now a volunteering hub in place to support those in need during the Coronavirus situation.
The virtual hub run by Calderdale Council and VSI Alliance will try to help coordinate any offer to help and match volunteers to people and groups that need help. They can also help with advice and support for informal groups.
The hub can be contacted for:
- Advice and support
- Registering your interest to help/support our communities
- Registering your request for support
Express your Interest
Volunteers provide a great service to the community and we frankly couldn’t do Staying Well without them but we urge you at this time to put your own health first if you fall into an ‘at risk’ category.
If you are worried that someone who usually attends your group is now more isolated or vulnerable because you’ve had to suspend activities, Staying Well can offer practical help. Please get in touch with one of our workers on 01422 392767
Other useful information
- Voluntary Sector Alliance VSI: Informaion about the alliance
- Public Health England: Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO): Your organisation and coronavirus