This weekly alert outlines trending fraud patterns during the current COVID-19 pandemic and what we can do to stay protected.
West Yorkshire Trading Standards News Alert issue 16 17.07.2020
Outline of trending scams:
- Phishing and smishing scams on the rise
- Bitcoin scam targeting Twitter users
Click the images below to enlarge:
West Yorkshire Trading Standards Service newsletters and resources –
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
- If you feel pressured, ask them to leave.
- Friends and family are best to ask.
- Don’t make any snap decisions.
- Do the checks and use a number you have found yourself, not the one the visitor provides.
Stay Alert, Stay Safe