Covering the wards of Calder and Luddendenfoot.
What is the fund for?
The fund is to prevent and tackle loneliness. In Calder and Luddendenfoot wards we are specifically looking to fund the following:
- Activities that support people in the hill-top villages
- Activities that promote befriending
- Activities that support people in day and residential services
- Activities that improve accessibility for isolated people
- Activities that support carers who have become isolated (because of their caring commitments)
- Activities that support those whose mental health and wellbeing leads to isolation
Where has the money come from?
The Valley Wellbeing Community Fund comprises funding from Community Foundation for Calderdale. Read more about the fund here.
How much can I apply for?
The overall fund is £5800: £2940 for each of the wards.
We haven’t set a limit on what you can apply for and activities could take place in either ward (or both wards) but it is likely the Network will favour smaller applications and have to fairly allocate funds between the wards.
If you’ve got an idea for something that meets our priorities, give us call to discuss. Even if we’re not able to fund your entire project we might be able to help in other ways.
How to apply
All applications will be taken to a Valley Wellbeing Network meeting.
This is an open network co-ordinated by Helen Doodson (contact details below) which is open to all organisations in the Calder and Luddendenfoot Wards who are interested in health and wellbeing activity. Please join us.
Phone: 01422 392707