Worried or concerned that someone is at risk of harm, being bullied or taken advantage of?
Harm, bullying and taking advantage are forms of abuse. There are different types of abuse and, while it’s very unlikely your Person will be experiencing any abuse, it’s important that you know what to do if you become worried.
Abuse can be:
- Physical e.g. hitting
- Psychological e.g. threatening, name calling
- Neglect e.g. ignoring someone’s care needs
- Sexual e.g. any non-consensual sexual act
- Financial e.g. stealing someone’s money or possessions
- Discriminatory e.g. racist or sexist harassment
If you have any concerns, do not try and manage the situation – your responsibility is to pass on your concerns to the Staying Well Team.
If you cannot reach Staying Well, please share your concerns with Gateway to Care (for adults) on 01422 393 000 or with MAST (for children) on 01422 393336.
If you feel the person you’re speaking to is in immediate danger, end the call and phone the police on 999.
Safeguarding Everyone Online Training
This is for all Calderdale Council volunteers. You will gain an essential understanding of safeguarding adults and children.
- You will need to have/register an account to access the training.
- New users – select the Calderdale MBC – COVID-19 volunteer, when prompted as you register.
- When signed in, you can search for the course and complete the training.
If you have any issues, please contact Allison Waddell on mobile: 07714922642.
Further Useful Information