The Phoenix Shed, Halifax is open for business to all men over 55.
A shed is many things to many men but at The Phoenix Shed we cater for everyone and have so much to offer, including friendship.
In the social area:
- A marvelous social area with comfortable seating and a fully fitted kitchen – great if you just want to come for a drink and a natter, or do whatever you want to do.
- Computers are available with all the assistance you need from beginners to advanced.
- How about a jigsaw table, or play cards? Plenty to read – in fact it’s YOUR SHED – come and make some suggestions! You might like to learn how to cook up a great meal – we can help!
In the workshop:
- The Shed is your oyster… Want to make something? A garden gate, a bird table, or repair that old chair? Do a bit of wood or metal work turning? The workshop can help you to realise that long wished for project.
- Don’t have the skills? There’s bound to be someone else who does and who can help you along the way. Or, do you have a skill that could be passed on to fellow chaps?
- We already have several projects in the pipeline just waiting for your skills.
How to find us:
The Phoenix Shed located in the Threeways Centre (old Ridings School), Nursery Lane, Ovenden, HX3 5SX
From the Ovenden Way end come down Nursery Lane and at the second set of speed bumps, turn left into Meadowdale Group Practice. Go left and around to the back car park and you will see the Shed right in front of you. We are in the left hand side of the building and access is via the gate on the right of the car park.
From the Keighley Road end, go over the first single speed bump and then over the next set and turn right into the Medical Centre just before the next set of speed bumps.
Opening times and entry:
The shed is currently opening every Monday and Wednesday – 9.30am to 4pm and Friday 9.30am – 12.30pm.
Membership is just £20 per year which gives you access to all that the Social Area has to offer.
Access to the workshop area will be subject to a Health and Safety and competence induction, and will require an extra charge of £2 per morning or afternoon session, .
Find out more:
If you would like to know more, just ring Eddie Moss on 07481 543881, Chris Freeman on 07930 207537, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or come to The Shed and see what we can do for you.
For the latest news and updates find Phoenix Shed on Facebook.
We look forward to seeing you there!