We’ve been working really hard to pull together the final programme for the Dementia Friendly Communities Week.
We recommend booking for any of the workshops or information sessions as places are limited.
You can book a FREE place via Eventbrite for the following:
Sunday 30 September
Memory Walk raising funds for Alzheimer’s Society.
4 Hilltop starting points and 1 accessible route:
- Hebden Bridge, St George’s Square (Accesible Route)
- Heptonstall, Weaver’s Square
- Luddendenfoot, opp Brandy Wine, Station Road
- Mytholmroyd, War Memorial
- Old Town, Recreation Ground
Hilltop routes meet from 9.30am, commencing at 10am and finish by 12pm at the Town Hall, Hebden Bridge.
Accessible Route Hebden Bridge meet from 10.30am walk commences between 10.45 and 11am, also finishing by 12pm at the Town Hall, Hebden Bridge.
All walks are led by experienced walk leaders, however participation is entirely at your own risk. Please wear suitable footwear and clothing as determined by the weather conditions on the day.
Suggested donation £5 per person, either on the day or via Just Giving https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/helen-doodson1
Non reactive dogs on short leads welcome (no extendable leads).
Join us for a Bring Your Own picnic lunch in the Town Hall cafe after your walk. Hot and cold drinks will be provided, there will be no food available at the venue.
Please note no alcohol will be allowed on the premises due to licencing restrictions.
Monday 1 October
- Market Place event 11am – 4pm (drop in) at the Town Hall Hebden Bridge – tickets
- Assistive Technology Information Session – various dates book here
- Virtual Dementia Experience – various dates and times book here
- Calderdale Memory Services Information session – tickets
- What you need to know about LPAs, DoLS, Wills, DNAR – tickets
Tuesday 2 October
- Setting up a Dementia Friendly Community Information session – book a place here **if you are having problems accessing the link please contact the session leader directly Maria.Florez@alzheimers.org.uk
- Age Friendly Photography Group Illustrated talk – tickets
- Art of Drawing taster session with Mark Burgum at Artsmill – book a place here
- Art Therapy for Carers with Amy Sanderson at Artsmill – this session has been cancelled apologies for any inconvenience.
- Dementia Friends Information Session – various dates and times book here **new link
- Herbert Protocol Information Session – tickets here
Wednesday 3 October
- Tea & Textiles taster session with Elaine Hook at Artsmill – book a place here
- A Moment in Time creative session with Marguerite Eccles – book a place here
Thursday 4 October
- Enabling Theatre Workshop with Susan Quick – book a place here
- Broaden your drawing horizons taster session with Jason Foster at Artsmill – book a place here
Friday 5 October
- Gentle Teaching Watercolour taster session with Fran Watson at Artsmill – book a place here
For any other events or group activities please use the contact details in the programme
Any questions get in touch with Helen Doodson on 01422 392707 or email email@example.com