This weekly alert outlines trending fraud patterns during the current COVID-19 pandemic and what we can do to stay protected.
Outline of trending scams:
- Counterfeit PPE sales.
- Cold caller (female) claiming to be from UCLH conducting COVID-19 trials on over 70s and asking for their home address.
- Letters claiming to be from the COVID-19 Relief Lottery stating the recipient has won money.
Please note: At present there is NO vaccine for the COVID-19 virus.
West Yorkshire Trading Standards Service newsletters and resources –
- If it sounds too good to be true, it very likely is
- If you feel pressured, ask them to leave.
- Friends and family are best to ask.
- Don’t make any snap decisions.
- Do the checks and use a number you have found yourself, not the one the visitor provides.
Stay Alert, Stay Safe